Nutrition and health
Our Members have put in place strategies and programmes to promote balanced diets and ensure customers can make informed choices. These initiatives include:
- Consumer information: complying with EU and national rules on labelling, providing consumers with clear and appropriate product and dietary information, often compared to the daily reference intake;
- Varied menus: offering customers a choice of products with different nutrient profiles to help consumers follow a balanced diet;
- Product reformulation: progressively improving the nutritional profile of products we offer;
- Educational programmes: aiming at helping people understand healthier eating (often targeting younger generations);
- Physical activity: sponsoring (mainly local) initiatives to encourage active lifestyles, especially among younger people.